Thursday, September 2
Drove from Toronto to Notre Dame
Stopped for gas once in Ontario and once in Michigan
Spent 90 minutes crossing the border
Ate lunch at Cracker Barrel, Port Huron
Ate supper at Steak and Shake, South Bend
Visited the Warren Golf Course Clubhouse but didn't buy anything
Friday, September 3
Went to Wal-Mart to buy Tide
Dropped Megan off at the Stadium
Went to the bookstore. Bought a #3 green Notre Dame jersey plus a 2010 Media Guide and Game Day program.
Still searching for a nice Notre Dame rugby shirt.
Next was the tradiitonal Football Luncheon, always a nice thing to see
After lunch we took a tour of the DeBaralo Center for the Performing Arts, there we saw a film on the 2009 Notre Dame Alumni Japan Bowl Game. It was great to see Lou Holtz in action with all his words of wisdom, that really were useful, if not completely memorable. Need to look for his books.
From there we went to the Eck Visitor's Center and started a fabulous campus tour led by Emily. She put her spin on a lot of what I'd heard before but she knew her stuff and could walk backwards very well.
We did stop at the Grotto where I said a prayer for Bob's parents and his upcoming wedding ana marriage.
From there we hustled home to change and returned for the Pep Rally.
From my post I think it went well. At my post, no one was injured as the band came and went, so mission accomplished.
We ate supper at the South Dining Hall.
Then we went to Alumni Stadium and saw the #3 Notre Dame Fighting Irish CRUSH the #8 Santa Clara Broncos 1-0. The goal was scored at the four minute mark of the first half and we showed up in the second half. There was a downpour during the game too, to add ot the fun.
I had a nice chat with a woman behind me about Friday Night Lights. I had forgotten character names.
Then we went to work a comedy show on South Quad. The emcee was funny enough but the first professional comic was hilarious. I was wipping tears from my eyes.
The last event of the day was the Drum Circle. We got there late so we watchd it from ground level. The students were very excited and that was great to see. More rain was not welcomed but it added to the event.
I had a good talk with a prof who is an usher. He's a futurist, a former boxer and future boxing coach. He had a lot to say and I hope to meet him again today so we can discuss more things like headgear and women's boxing.
Check out the Saturday Scholar Series and Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore.
Shop at Augie's Locker Room, Jim "Augie" Augustine proprietor. It's located at 2036 South Bend Avenue, a few hundred yards north of the intersection of Edison Road.
Also shop at the Catalog Center at 1610 North Ironwood.