Sunday, December 5, 2010

December 4, 2010: Niagara Wine Region

I started my tour at the Henry of Pelham Winery.
 • Zack was my host and was great
 • I bought Baco Noir, old Riesling, Chardonnay, Gamay and Cabernet Franc
 • Still my favourite Ontario winery

Visited Vineland Estates Winery
 • Attended their Open House
 • Underimpressed, especially by their reds
 • Enjoyed a horse-drawn carriage ride
 • Bought riesling, chardonnay musque and pinot noir
 • They have a B&B cabin and restaurant

Lunch was at About Thyme Bistro
 • 3457 King Street, Vineland, Ontario
 • Great selection of local wines, and I mean local
 • Enjoyed a great "Big" Pork Sandwich

Visited Cattail Creek Family Estate Winery
 • Unimpressed by the tasting room nor the wine
 • Bought Cabernet Franc and Pinot Noir

Visited Konzelmann Estate Winery
 • Jeremy conducted the tasting
 • Bought riesling, gewurtraminer and pinot noir
 • Many of their wines are in the LCBO